Purpose of this project:
In this project we will remotely turn on LEDs by an infrared remote control:
- If you press the button 1 on the remote control, the green LED will turn on or off.
- If you press button 2 on the remote control, the orange LED will turn on or off.
- If you press the 3 button on the remote control, the red LED will turn on or off.
- 1 LED green
- 1 LED yellow
- 1 LED red
- micro:bit GPIO Expansion Board
- infrared sensor
- infrared remote control
- wires connection
- test plate
To complete the assembly, you can connect the green LED to pin P0 , the yellow LED to pin P1 and the red LED to pin P2 of the micro:bit board.
For the IR sensor you can connect:
- Pin OUT to pin P4 of Micro:bit
- Pin (+) to pin 3.3V of Micro:bit
- Pin GND to GND of Micro:bit
The mounting methods are numerous and here are some examples: